Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This Morning at the Fort Hunt Polls




The promised photos of the Fort Hunt Polls this morning.


Yep it was a slow morning, with the weather reporting SNOW!! All plans being rearranged as I write this,,since even though we are known as NORTHEN Virginia, when it snows, it may as well be the Deep South.. all milk and toilet paper is cleaned off the shelves.--as usual.


However, after stopping at the Safeway to get my emergency...:) snow provisions of coffee and soup and juice, I headed over to Fort Hunt Elementary to do my duty. I saw that the polls were not crowded and no lines. One lone Fairfax County Democrat setting up a table, a friendly young woman, who had the Obama sign in front and the Hillary on the outside, photos will be included.


I was sort of irritated to find.. although, it really is the best thing, that since in great Commonwealth of Virginia, that we have declared parties, that I had to either select a Republican, red ballot or a Democratic, light blue ballot, in order for them to select the computer screen that displayed the HUGE list candidates that both parties have on the ballot. Of course,, the ballots were not alphabetized and all the candidates that have ever run are still on the ballot, including Dennis Kinichovich. ok so I can't spell--and including Fred Thompson.. yadda yadda


So in order to select ONE candidate for the Presidential Primary, you had to look at two Slates with all names, then wander over to the station where the Republicans and Democrats sat, side by side, pick a vivid color..LOL


then walk across the room, and go into the so-called private voting booth,, with the camera overhead, LOL,, because the PRIVATE VOTING COMPUTER screen is about as big as an HDTV, High Definiton TV screen with flashing lights and all, I thought I was playing pinball for a second. there, :)


-Flashback from my wasted youth...




Oh I decided to add the Fox News link, since I have renamed CNN, formerly known as the Comrades News Network,,to Obama's News Network


I did a write in vote for Labamba in case you were wondering. :)